Wendy Elford (Principle Consultant and Director)
Wendy is an ergonomist and health professional who founded Ergonomics by Design in 2002. Wendy provides advice on customising the design of the workplace for people to achieve not only a safe and healthy work environment, but one which focuses on productivity.
Wendy’s expertise on emerging issues in the ergonomics of office work has been developed through research involving leading thinkers in Australia, Europe and the USA in areas such as workstation design, workplace layout and systems of work. The project has focussed on how these aspects of design are changing in the context of the large, public sector organisation. Her goal is to ensure future needs can be anticipated and allowed for in new designs.
She has experience in both OH&S and ergonomics in diverse design projects in health and educational facilities, commercial offices and residential premises. Wendy has also provided in procurement related services for seating and office furniture. Other work includes sessional lecturing at University of Canberra in the areas of design and health and University of the Sunshine coast in futures studies. She was recently awarded a doctorate in Environmental Design from the University of Canberra.
• Consultant to AMC Projects advising on Comcare fitout 2011 – 2012 Canberra / state offices
• Reception area / front of house designs for ANU DRSS and ANU Creative Arts Library
• Consultant and advisor to Occupational Rehabilitation providers on risk management for workdesign
• Tender evaluation for seating Edmund Barton Building Australian Federal Police
• Specifications and evaluation for seating and workstations for ACCC, Acton ACT
• Design of office layout Property Works, Phillip ACT
• Refit for office areas Lyons and Deakin, Hindmarsh Living
• Report re noise issues Department of Water, Environment, Heritage and the Arts
• Spatial planning and refurbishment for Mental Health Fellowship, O’Connor ACT
• Ergonomics consultant to design for private residence for disabled client NT
• Dining room, commercial kitchen and store Kormilda College NT
Doron Blaikie is an ergonomist and qualified physiotherapist with a passion for human centred design within the built environment. He collaborates with designers, suppliers and end users of a workplace to create an environment which promotes wellbeing and encourages productivity.
Doron has a wealth of experience providing OH&S and ergonomics advice and training for a diverse range of private sector organisations and Commonwealth agencies.
These activities have included:
- Providing ergonomic advice for workstation setup and the provision of assistive equipment for workers with complex or compensable injuries
- Providing manual handling training and materials handling advice
- Performing OH&S inspections
- Training Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) for the Commonwealth Jurisdiction
- Training HSRs to undertake workstation ergonomic assessments
Selected Consulting Experience:
- Ergonomics consultant for the proposed redesign of the reception area at The Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House
- OH&S and Ergonomics consultant for the proposed Australian Public Service Commission library relocation
- Evaluation of lecture seating arrangements for the Australia Defence Force Academy
- Ergonomics advice for the National Capital Authority mailroom